Wednesday, May 8, 2013

to the Moms in my life

Its been a while since I blogged................but I am back in the saddle again.  These past 6 weeks have been wet and you would have thought I would have designated some time to the blog because we can't work.  Instead it was boring and I tended to other areas in my life, but today is the day.  The day I shall return.  And what better return I have than to devote today's blog to the moms of today because OUR DAY is around the corner.  As a farmers wife and mother to two lively girls, my head and heart collide in how blessed and grateful I am to the moms that have led me to where I am today!  

To my Grandma (yes she reads this because she is a hi-tech Grandma), the one that always says GO!! And is proud in whatever we do and wherever we go.  The one that raised her family to be faithful, grateful, and powerful!!

To my mother......the one that gave me wings even though I know she had doubts that us marrying at such a young age life would be hard.  But she clinched our dream as she learned our occupations, I did too.  That how my love for the country became hers too.

To the mothers/wives/friends that I follow thru facebook....................you are my motivators and teachers!!  I have learned how to be a better mother, try new recipes, get out stains, and most importantly how to live and love! As a wife, farm or no farm we all struggle, at times feel unappreciated, and I know stress when we can't get that one thing right. But you responded when I need advice and Pray when I need prayers!

To the Farm Mom/Wife.........the one that showed me the way and was willing and able to reach out and push me/us to further our dream.  She is a motivator and doer (yes that is a word).........yet always stops when her family is in need.  She processes GREAT Faith in this world and her occupation!!  She has allowed me to see I can be it all and do it all!!  We are the Katies of the world that raise a flock of kids, educates her community and world on agriculture, yet still finds time to work and do what she loves.  I know you too sit around the shop and follow your husband from one side of the tractor to the next just to watch him work. There are long days and nights..............many trips to town to get supplies and parts, many trips to the grocery to prepare 3 meals a day even though you could have eaten cereal you still cook for the kids and take dinner to the fields, and the stresses of paying the millions of bills that come daily in the mail.  Still I grasp OUR dream, and I am thankful that GOD chose me to be that wife and mother!!!!

To my husband that works so hard..............I never take one second for granted in how and where we are today.  God gave me a good one I do say..............and then allowed me to mother to his 2 beautiful and healthy girls.  Yes I will still complain when I am tired, scream when the kids are crazy, but I am always there when the field calls me to work............because when my hands is in the dirt, my heart is at work.  Just another day in the life of the farmers wife................


No comments:

Post a Comment