Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Corn proud..............finally

After many weeks of wet weather, the planted was finally able to shake off the dust and hit the fields!!  A very exciting day for the farm families in Western KY.  And the day my husband, bless his heart finally had a little hitch in his gitty up!Farm wives will know what I mean with that phrase. ha ha



Momma bear (myself) worked on a project for school as I watched the guys do some clean up work around the farm.  So nice to get phone calls back from my husband today that started off with "what are you doing".  Normally during this time the corn in planted and the beans are shaking their bags ready to be planted, as well as the fields already stripped tilled and patiently awaiting arrival of me and the guys with the setter.  Instead the planter just hit the field LATE........but there to say the least.  And 2 meals were delivered to the field, dinner especially so the girls could see their daddy for 10 minutes today.  Long days for a farm wife.............but it is what I live for.  Yes I am crazy, but its just another day in the life of the farmers wife.


No comments:

Post a Comment