Saturday, February 8, 2014

It's not what I do....it's who I am

Everyday we all get complacent in our ways and our works.  I myself fit into that sentence.....but have to say not 100%. Every day is still anew day in our house and on the farm. The weather in KY changes as often like you change your underpants it seems. 
We get up, go out....well in the winter my husband does....he breaks water, feeds the hay etc.  I take care of kids, the house, and TAXES. 
We travel in the winter to meetings and leadership conferences.......and my most recent trip with Farm bureau I realized again I am exactly where I am meant to be.
The woman in the airport started to stir conversation and asks, "why are you traveling?" I simply said for a meeting....and she ask then "what do you do?" I then went into my spill of owning a farm and being a farmer myself.  The look on her face was priceless as she pondered her next statement...."wow I would have never guessed that because you do not look like a farmer." (Not sure if she was stumped by my dress, age or maybe it was the long blonde hair.)

My story was then simple....it all started with a dream....the ability of health to tackle that dream, and the willingness to work to live that dream! Obviously 30 minutes later she heard my life story.....and I realized again it doesn't matter what you look like, or what you do......it's really who you are!

I don't farm for a living.....I am a farmer and I work for a living!

1 comment:

  1. Shea,
    Happy to find you blog - referred to me by one of your fellow KY farmers at the 2014 YF&R conference. Hope to meet you here!
    Lauren
    PaintTheTownAG.com

    ReplyDelete