Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Farm And Fitness

As a farm mom we are like every other mom in the world. We get up start our day with the kids getting them to school and then head to our second job either on the farm or working with the public.  We end our day trying to be mom/wife /farmer and then lay our heads down in exhaustion!  So who has time to exercise and be healthy right?

WRONG!!  
As the most important part of our day is others....why isn't it OURSELVES? I have learned thru my love hate relationship of running the amazing feeling I get when I accomplish something for myself. It's the rise of mental attitude and knowing if momma feels good then my afternoon and night will be better. 

I am like every mother in the sense that I feel guilty when I take time for myself. Or I feel guilty when people constantly say "who has time to workout" or "I work and have to run kids." Well so do I and most everyone else!! I can't worry about your life but only my own. To live a healthy lifestyle it must start with yourself. It takes time to buy and grow the proper foods that I know will be healthy and substainable for my family. Prioritizing what's important for you and not someone else should be your first goal!
Forget those that are jealous you MAKE time to exercise....

A farmer gets the hype that we aren't human. We are regulated in our jobs like you are in yours....I wouldn't feed my kids anything that you wouldn't feed yours. The difference in me is that I research and trust my fellow farmers in food growth. I rock the beat to my own drum. I have learned that properly taking care of my family first comes with me....I am glad you don't have time to workout.  That means there is less at the gym when I go.  

Never feel discouraged or complain there isn't time....if there is a will there is a way!
Why do I FARM?  Because I can Find A Reasonable Mean in anything! Now get out and get busy....

1 comment: